Sunday, April 8, 2007

Master of the Universe (for 2 more months)



Here are two of my all time favorite pics of Nikolai. Thought I'd post these until I get the Easter pics from today uploaded. Here is the story for the day.

So we are in church and one of Nikolai's favorite friends was sitting behind us. . They kept leaning over the benches and imitating each others really loud noises -- they were obviously really in to the spirit of the day. Finally they get annoyed with eachother, Nikolai tries to launch a car at his friend's head and I take Nikolai out of church and into a quiet room to sit on my lap and calm down. He is bawling and starts yelling out "See Max. See Max" (the friend whose head he tried to whack not 2 minutes ago). When that doesn't work, he starts crying, "See Kristin. See Kristin." Kristin is Max's mom and whenever I am doing something Nikolai doesn't like, he asks for Kristin -- I think she must be nicer than I am :). Finally I tell him that if he can stop crying we can go back in and see Kristin. He manages to stop the tears and in a shaky voice tells me, "All done crying. See Kristin." He said it over and over -- the closest he could come to begging to go back in to Sacrament. Seriously, what 2 year old wants to go back in to church? But hey, whatever works right? So we head back in where he was somewhat better behaved. . Luckily it ended about 7 minutes after we went back in. The other trick I've found that helps keep in under control in sacrament is to use nursery as a reward. . . as in, "If you can be quiet, we'll let you go to nursery after sacrament." As if we aren't just counting the minutes till we drop him off at nursery :). . . some day he'll realize. I just love that kid!!

No comments: