Monday, July 7, 2008

Okay, Okay. . .

I'll post something new :). I've let so much of the summer slide by without posting that now it seems overwhelming. Let it suffice to say this has been a fabulous summer. Beach vacation with friends, lazy days at the pool, lots of play dates. The latest fun was had at our Hales Family Reunion down at Topsail Island Beach in North Carolina - absolute heaven! Here are a couple pics from the beach.



As for the boys. . . Luke turned 1 in June. He loves to say mommy, daddy, night night and also to put his hands on his cheeks while saying uh-oh. He eats more than the rest of us combined and head butts people do let them know they are loved. Here is how he sits at the table when he eats.



Nikolai just got a haircut as evidenced below. He loves relaxing and watching Little Einsteins as well as going around and telling you he's going to turn you into a fruit or a caterpillar. One of his last telephone convos with my sister went like this - "Hi Aunt Kate. I'm going to talk to you and turn you into a butterfly."

He's also very into sports. Kate was playing baseball with him and didn't realize quite how much he knew about the rules until he hit a ball to the side, looks at Kate and says, "Foul ball."





And last but not least, my dear hubbers who turned 33 in June. Here are a couple classic pics. Love you hon!

1) Who does this look like?


2) Gappy - so cute!


3) Check out those legs.


4) Make your own caption.


5) #1 Cougar Fan - Rise and Shout Baby!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh, it is sooooo good to see recent pictures of everyone. You guys all look healthy and happy.
I can't believe my little baby Luke is 1 already. I love the picture of him kicking back at the table, what a trip.

Hugs and Kisses to everyone.
Marguerite

EFN Newsletter said...

Hurray! I've been missing you.

Lisa Michelle said...

Hey! Great to see something new on here!! :) NC looks like sooo much fun. And that formal dance pic of Steve (looks like at BYU?) is so absolutely amazing... I don't even know where to start! can you get Nikolai's hair to do that?? ;) Happy Summer to you!

Marlise said...

Love the update! You are one beautiful family! I miss you guys!

OnCallMom said...

I just love my little nephews!!! So funny how that one pic of Steve looks just like Luke, but then the next one is all Nikolai. :)

LauraJ said...

What cute kids! Loved the pictures - it was fun to see an update. Sounds like your summer has been super - yeah for summer!